Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Corporate Ladder

I don't think the metaphor of rising up in the corporate world should be a ladder. Usually when you use a ladder, you need to do something that is higher than within reach. Perhaps it's a quick paint job, perhaps it's to hang something, or perhaps you just enjoy recreational ladder climbing. Regardless, that whole ladder concept is misleading. You see the corporate ladder is one that you continue to climb with this uncertainty of where exactly the top may be. For my idiot co-worker, he may just want to get to that second rung, and collect his mediocre paycheck for the rest of his life while going through the motions of his job. I on the other hand, had no intention of stopping until I got to the top. Until reality set in, I have no idea where the top of my ladder lies, and quite frankly most days I'm afraid to find out. In my young tenure I've learned alot, I've laughed hard, and I've yelled loud...but it's a journey to the top.

Rope ladder hanging from a moving helicopter sounds better. Yes. I'm on my quest to climb the corporate rope ladder hanging from a moving helicopter

No comments:

Post a Comment